Waldhütte (Forest Cabin) Wachterhof
LESS IS MORE!
Romantic, on the forest edge, surrounded by fresh meadows, unspoilt nature, marvellous views, sun-burnt timber that likely could tell countless stories from times gone by - it is as time stood still! Its original atmosphere and warmth will let you experience an unforgettable holiday in the Zillertal!
Our Wachterhof forest cabin is located, as the name indicates, at the edge of the forest, about 150 m above the main house. The cabin was built in 1932 as a barn for storing hay and as a stable for young cattle.
About 30 years ago, the barn was completely refurbished inside and is now let throughout the entire year. Outside, the cabin still looks as it did when it was built in 1932.
With its traditional, rustic charm that is created by its sun-burnt timber on the outside and its simple, characteristic country cottage style on the inside, far from roads and noise, our forest cabin is perfect for nature lovers.
The cabin is not accessible by car; the car park is located about 150 m distant; a wide footpath connects it to the cabin. We take care of your luggage, bringing it to the cabin when you arrive and taking it down to the car park again when you leave.
In addition to the generous covered terrace with comfortable seating on the ground floor is the entrance. From the spacious entrance hall of reaching a comfortable bathroom with double vanity, shower and toilet, a large bedroom with double and single bed with flat screen TV, a walk-through room with single bed and a utility and drying room with ski dryer.
A staircase takes you to the upper floor. Here are 2 double bedroom, a living room with high-quality couch (sleeping possibility for 1 person), a cozy living, dining, kitchen area and also located on this floor yet a bathroom with shower and toilet.
The cabin is straight forwardly furnished, but it nonetheless offers all you need: electric hob with oven, fridge with freezer compartment, filter coffee machine, 2x flat screen TV. A wood stove in the kitchen (living area) that can also be used for cooking and baking. The location right beside the pist offers perfect ski-in/ski-out opportunities.
- Located right next to the slopes
- SKI-IN SKI-OUT in the top ski resort Kaltenbach-Hochzillertal
- Can NOT be reached by car, but by a short walk (150 metres)
- We will bring your luggage to the chalet for you
- Approx. 90m² living space on two floors
- Room for up to 9 guests
- 1 large bedroom with double and single bed and flat-screen TV
- 2 double bedrooms
- 1 single bedroom (walk-through room)
- Living room with comfortable sofa (suitable as bed for one person)
- 1 large bathroom with double sink, shower and WC on the ground floor
- 1 bathroom with shower and WC on the top floor
- A cosy living and dining area with flat-screen TV
- A fully equipped kitchen with Nespresso machine
- Roofed terrace with sunbeds and BBQ
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the beautiful Zillertal
- NESPRESSO PRO coffee machine with capsules (start package)
- Free WIFI
- Daily delivery of fresh bread to the chalet
- Linen and towels
- Kitchen towels, dishwasher tabs and washing-up liquid
- Baby equipment (cot, highchair, baby bathtub) available (please let us know beforehand)
- Fire-ready wood for the fireplace
- Your own ski depot with ski boot dryer
- Ski pass service: Get your ski pass right at the reception!
- Free use of the ski bus and regio bus (bus stop is right next to the parking spot)
- Private parking for all guests
- Breakfast service: have fresh and local products for breakfast every day at the chalet (please order in advance)
- Catering (a la carte)
- A selection of red, white and sparkly wines from our wine cellar, as well as strong beers
- Daily cleaning of the chalet (or one mid-stay cleaning)
Pets on request!